Pages

Saturday, February 22, 2014

February - The Month of Love


            February is the month of love, with Valentine’s Day on February 14.  But knowing the love of Christ, every month is the month of love.  He loves us every month, every day, every minute, every second, every nano-second.  How assuring is that!  We don’t have to wait for Valentine’s Day or any other holiday to feel the love of God.
I have never felt His love as much as I have in this adventure I have embarked upon – going to college at the age of 71.  Fear was my first emotion when considering pursuing my degree that I was not able to obtain when I was young.  Could I do it?  Was I too old?  Would my brain still work?  Would I be accepted by the young college “pups”?  Would my professors take me seriously?  I have never prayed so hard for God’s answer to all these questions.  Know what he said?  He said, “Go for it!   I am with you every step of the way.”
And He has been true to His word, as always.  Every morning, I pray that I can hold my own, apply myself, work hard and succeed.  And every day, I feel Him beside me as I trudge the campus, do my homework, and get one step closer to my life-long dream.  He never fails me.  And He never will.
God’s love it so awesome that we cannot even fathom the depth or breadth of it.  I think of His love as the ocean that I love so much – it seems to stretch to eternity.  However, the ocean goes on and on but is every changing, ever new.  God’s love is never changing, and yet is ever new, as well as being as old as time itself.  It has always been there and will always be there.  We have only to seek it, feel it and rely on it.  When we feel most alone, overwhelmed (as I often am with my studies), or are contemplating which road to take in our lives, He loves and directs us with a gentle hand.  Blessed assurance, for sure!
We must also return that love, through prayer, through quiet contemplation, with a listening ear to His whisperings, and with daily conversations with Him.  Love means opening our hearts and our souls – not just during the month of love, but every day He allows us to remain on this earth.

“…but the Lord’s unfailing love surrounds the man who trusts in Him.”  Psalm 32:10b

No comments: